Ready to make a difference?
LA Pride is more than a parade and a party in June. Pride means supporting each other, giving back, and taking care of our community. Last year, we launched PRIDE MAKES A DIFFERENCE, our 365 initiative to support the LGBTQ+ community of Los Angeles through donation drives, acts of services, and volunteering events.
Check out what we have planned for Pride month, and all yearlong right here. Our calls-to-action in the areas of food and housing insecurity, mental wellness, career and business, and youth & elders give everyone a way to make a difference for our LGBTQ+, and other communities of Los Angeles.
Our Four Pillars of Giving for 2022
Food & Housing
Food and housing are human rights
In 2021, Pride Makes a Difference filled almost 1,ooo bags of groceries for food insecure folks in the LA area. Each bag contained at least 10 staple items, with many bags containing even more. More than 10,500 food items were ultimately donated, bagged, and distributed.
In 2022, we intend to continue the work we started in 2021.
Career & Business
Sharing job & career support in a post-COVID world
According to a recent university study, COVID-19 has disproportionately impacted employment for LGBTQ+ workers, younger Black people, HIV-positive folks, and cis gay men, resulting in higher rates of job loss. We’ll be offering a job fair this June, produced and hosted by our community partner, Randstad USA.
We care deeply about our community’s mental wellness
The LGBTQ+ community is stronger and more resilient than ever but that doesn’t mean a little self-care isn’t in order. We’ll offer ways to de-stress, lower anxiety, and get a decent night’s sleep with our friends from Calm.
Youth & Elders
Our future and our past coming together
We’re ending Pride Month with a party at Triangle Square, the country’s first and largest affordable housing complex for low-income LGBTQ+ seniors, right here in LA. More details to come!
EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Watch this space for details about Pride Makes a Difference events
Can’t get to an in-person event? Can’t find the item you want to donate on our Amazon Smile list? No problem. We are making it so easy to donate new socks, toothbrushes, canned food, women’s hygiene products, dry goods, underwear, you name it, as long as it’s new and needed by folks who are homeless, hungry, low-income, or in need.
We’ve partnered with Starbucks and Orangetheory Fitness to place donation bins in select locations around LA. Just bring your donation to one of these convenient locations.
Orangetheory Fitness Studio locations
- 14006 Riverside Drive, Suite 120, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- 1431 2nd St, STE A, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- 11661 San Vicente Blvd Ste 103 Los Angeles, CA 90049
- 640 N. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90038
- 8770 Washington Blvd Ste D, Culver City, CA 90232
- 4250 Vía Marina, Suite 10-S, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
- 10250 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 1420 Los Angeles, CA 90067
- 12746 W. Jefferson Blvd., Ste 3-3120, Playa Vista, CA 90094
- 687 S Hobart Blvd Ste B, Los Angeles, CA 90005
- 11924 W. Washington Blvd, Space F/G, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Starbucks store locations:
- 2134 West Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- 2138 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- 4700 West Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- 6102 W. Sunset Blvd, Unit 6102
- 6260 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038
- 7915 West Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- 7057 West Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- 8539 W. Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- 8595 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- 8949 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069