“One City, One Pride” LGBTQ Arts Festival
The City of West Hollywood’s One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival celebrates Pride from Harvey Milk Day (May 22) through the end of June Pride month (June 30) with the theme “Love is Love,” celebrating the universal bond that unites us especially during this 50th anniversary year of the Stonewall riots.
JUNE 1 + 2
Metropolitan Master Chorale presents “Considering Matthew Shepard”
Vox Femina and Trans Chorus LA present “Hearts of Courage”
“LA: A Queer History,” a documentary about LA’s contributions to the LGBTQ rights movement
A full day of programming including:
• Launch of “Crush: First Love, New Talent” an LGBTQ comic anthology about first (queer) love
• Readings from Michael Kearns’ troupe QueerWise
• “Where Love is Illegal” features portraits of people who live in countries where it is illegal to be LGBTQ
• “¡GAYTINO! Made in America” film debut — a story about being gay and Chicano as well as a father’s love
• Also, the return of the two queer poetry pop-ups
“One City, One Pride” is organized by the City of West Hollywood’s Arts Division. For up-to-date event listings, visit www.weho.org/pride or follow @WeHoArts.