In order to reduce gaps between entries during the parade, maintain an appropriate and safe pace, and ensure an entertaining parade for all of our participants, All Parade entries are required to provide designated parade unit wheel walkers/entry liaisons.
Wheel Walkers / Liaisons are asked to:
• Walk on either side of every moving vehicle, next to the wheels, to ensure that the area in front of their unit is clear of any pedestrians or other entries.
• Maintain the movement and pacingin the parade of all vehicles and marchers belonging to their entry,maintaining a
distance approximately 20 feet from the entry ahead of them;
• May carry their entry designation number, depending upon the type of entry they are a part of, so that announcers can readily identify your entry and ensure that they have the correct announcement;
• Serve as a designated contact for their entry for parade monitors along the route;
• Direct their entries to designated breakdown areas (volunteers assist you in this area).
A designated wheel walker/parade liaison must attend one of the Safety Workshops for specific training. Parade liaisons will be issued, upon check-in, an armband or other identification item to be worn during the parade so that they are easily identified by Parade Monitors along the route. If a Parade Staff member requests your assistance, please respond immediately. Liaison requirements are as follows:
01 - 49 People: 2 Parade Liaisons
50 - 100People: 4 Parade Liaisons
2 Wheel Walkers per Car/Pickup
4 Wheel Walkers